MoP Beta
MoP Beta
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General Discussion]
Secondary: None

1 2 3 4 5 6 >>>
There is currently talk of a Beta really soon from Blizzard, and the boys in blue have made a post on their website (worldofwarcraft.com).

I highly recommend reading it if you plan on participating, as they have some information on how to get started and their plans on inviting the Annual Pass holders.
Waves! T_T

Although I can understand why they have to do it that way, I do think they chose the worng words when advertising the annual pass as it specifically says in the splash screen FAQ

When do I get Diablo III and the other exclusive benefits?
Tyrael’s Charger will be available with Patch 4.3, and beta access will go live with the beta launch.

It looks like today they have changed it to say

Annual Pass holders will be invited to the Mists of Pandaria beta in waves over the course of the beta test, with invites ramping up as quickly as possible.

I think they have to be very careful as many may have bought the pass on the assumption that they get immediate access, and changing the FAQ after the fact could be grounds for getting out of the pass.

I just hope they don't make the same mistake that Star Wars where some people only got access a day before (for early access)

Ok all my ranting aside... I can't wait. ^_^
I would gather that with the annual pass buyers would get in based on when you signed up for it, but that is just my assumption.

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna poke around with it or not, I don't think I will do any Pandaren starting area or high level questing (don't wanna do too much in beta and be burned out by release time), but I may fiddle with the talents/glyphs. I also don't know if my compy has any room for any more big things >_>

Stupid full hard drives >shake fist<
Yeah, I'm with Miiri. I'm VERY tempted to play beta, but don't want to get burnt out in the land of the real. Knowing me, I'd probably intend to start a panda monk just to check it out for a few levels, but accidentally run it to level 90.

--
Life really does flash before people's eyes before they die. The process is called... living.
-Death, Discworld.
Quote by Nehelenia
Waves! T_T

Although I can understand why they have to do it that way, I do think they chose the worng words when advertising the annual pass as it specifically says in the splash screen FAQ

When do I get Diablo III and the other exclusive benefits?
Tyrael’s Charger will be available with Patch 4.3, and beta access will go live with the beta launch.

It looks like today they have changed it to say

Annual Pass holders will be invited to the Mists of Pandaria beta in waves over the course of the beta test, with invites ramping up as quickly as possible.

I think they have to be very careful as many may have bought the pass on the assumption that they get immediate access, and changing the FAQ after the fact could be grounds for getting out of the pass.

I just hope they don't make the same mistake that Star Wars where some people only got access a day before (for early access)

Ok all my ranting aside... I can't wait. ^_^

You could get always get out of the annual pass before this - for whatever reason. Talking to customer service will put your account on hold and you will lose access to the toys the AP offered. No Diablo, no beta, no mount. I'm under the impression that you could get them back by again talking to CS and reactivating your account, but don't quote me on that.

You don't actually buy the AP, which I think is where people are getting confused. You're promising to continue paying for something that you would have (in theory) already been paying for anyway. So actually, no, we haven't "bought" anything. We just said we'd continue buying.

That doesn't mean Blizzard wasn't skeevy by changing the wording on us, but...

I think Blizzard (and the customers) didn't expect the sheer volume of people they needed to accommodate. I think someone said the Cata beta had four servers? They will need a LOT more than that for the MoP beta - as there are 1 million+ people signed up for the AP alone.

So that's why they have to do it in waves. It's slow growing over the course of the beta - with the non-AP opt-in people getting invited last (if they get an invite at all). The post says they take into account how long you've been playing WoW, when you signed up for the AP, and a bunch of other factors. My guess is that if you've been playing WoW since Vanilla and signed up early, you probably won't be waiting long. Since I've only been playing since BC, I might wait a little longer, if that makes sense.

It's annoying, but at the end of the day, they sort of have to do it this way. Really not sure it's grounds for a lawsuit (am not lawyer) but even if it is, it's sorta silly.

Unless you get your invite the day before release. Then by all means, go berserk on them.

I'm okay with waiting a little bit. I've never done a video game beta in my life, so this is a totally new experience for me. I have an excite!

--

I completely agree with you Kalil.

From an IT standpoint it makes sense to do it in waves. And I'm thinking many people probably wont play more than a day (if that).

It was just interesting to see blizzard change the wording. The forums are already a flutter with complaints. poor blizzard...

I'm curious as to how far away the xpac really is. As it stands now people are already pretty bored... and as far as I know there are no plans for more content before the xpac?

I'd like to see some sort of event, or a new dungeon or something.. not sure how many will last until November-ish with just DS. T_T
They said they had - what? - four or five zones completely finished and filled with content. There were only two zones that fell under "Not quite finished yet but will be soon" umbrella. They've already got the (completed) female panda model out and they're jabbering about beta.

So my guess is that they're hoping to start the beta soon (within the next couple weeks), then Diablo comes out, and that'll keep us busy for a little while. Then they can drop MoP when they're ready - maybe late summer/early fall, but could be sooner. Could be later too (big mistake IMO, but they've proven that they will take their sweet time if they think they can make something better).

There aren't any new dungeons on the horizon. No new raids until MoP either. There are going to be bridge patches, and probably an event like there always is, but no Ruby Sanctum this time around.

It could be that beta doesn't start until after Diablo drops, which I think would be a mistake on Blizzard's part, because like you said - we're boooooooooooored. It could happen though.

It's a really good thing I have a massive stack of as-yet unplayed console games to get through. Now that we have a TV that doesn't squish everything down to biddy bits, I can see things and actually play! I got most of the way through Portal before I got a FPS-induced headache!

--

The closest I'm going to get to the MoP beta is watching it over Miiri's shoulder.

I don't do betas usually

--
Quote by Scheria
The closest I'm going to get to the MoP beta is watching it over Miiri's shoulder.

I don't do betas usually

What can I say? I'm a spoiler whore. I love them to bits.

Why I've never done a beta before now is beyond me.

--

On a side note, I love your new sigs Kalil, I'm gonna go make me some
I like betas.
I want to see how i'll like the new talents and maybe play a monk. This might help me focus on which toon to level first for the xpack.. maybe.. lol.
But I wouldnt want to spoil too many things. I usually like to take my time while playing and then go back and get things done later. Probably why im behind on so many achievements and daily quest things. lol

On a side note, I hope i'll like Diablo 3. I've never played the fist ones and have no idea what it's even about. (I bought the annual pass because i'm a sucker for mounts and betas lol)
Quote by Nehelenia

On a side note, I hope i'll like Diablo 3. I've never played the fist ones and have no idea what it's even about.

I'm afraid D3 will drop and you'll never see me again. I played so much D ii that I'm embarrassed to even say how much I played. I didn't play wow till 2 years after it came out cuz I was still playing D ii.
Quote by Rottenfist
Quote by Nehelenia

On a side note, I hope i'll like Diablo 3. I've never played the fist ones and have no idea what it's even about.

I'm afraid D3 will drop and you'll never see me again. I played so much D ii that I'm embarrassed to even say how much I played. I didn't play wow till 2 years after it came out cuz I was still playing D ii.

Pfft, we'll still see you, Rotty. Mostly because the majority of us will be playing D3 as well, and it's hosted on battle.net servers.

On a side note, as far as I can tell there will be multiple questlines per zone in Pandaria, which means you could try out one quest line in Beta and still have two or three you can do in the live version.
I tried making a sig too, it came out all pear shaped:

--
Life really does flash before people's eyes before they die. The process is called... living.
-Death, Discworld.
As for the waves themselves and who gets to have access first, they've said that will be reliant on a few factors, including how long you've been playing WoW and when you signed up for the Annual Pass.

--
The Legendary Ass has SPOKEN!
Quote by Scheria

I don't do betas usually

I'm prolly the same. I'm gonna need a really powerful pair of binoculars

--
We are they whom the gods detest
Quote by Atrapos

Is that a vial of noggenfogger?
Quote by Miiri
Quote by Atrapos

Is that a vial of noggenfogger?

I like his stats

"Noggenfoggers: 76610"
OMFG!!!!

The Mists of Pandaria beta is going live tonight, we have the best people working on it. Stay tuned.

Please tell me that isn't a joke...please please please...

--
The Legendary Ass has SPOKEN!
Evidence that we will have drunken sheep:

--
-Death, Discworld.

1 2 3 4 5 6 >>>
[Back to Index]
91 Unique Members
316 Characters (alts included)
16 Level 110 characters
0 Posts in 24 hours
91 Unique Members
316 Characters (alts included)
16 Level 110 characters
0 Posts in 24 hours